The JSE is committed to upskilling and developing future leaders of SA. As the great Nelson Mandela said, “education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” In this spirit, the JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) was established to support students as they strive to reach their academic goals. The JEF offers bursaries to previously disadvantaged students in their 2nd and 3rd year or post-graduate (Honours) level of studies.
Bursary applications are now open, please see the application criteria below.
You must be a top performer who is studying (full time) towards a degree in:
- Computer Science
- Actuarial Science
- Information Technology
- Data Analytics
- Applications are restricted to students who are South African citizens within the designated group.
- The joint income of the students’ parents/caregivers should not exceed a joint income of R350, 000 per annum.
- Only applications for 2nd year, 3rd year, or Honours level of studies will be considered.
- Undergraduates must have achieved a minimum aggregate of 60%.
- Post-Graduates must have achieved a minimum of 60%.
N.B: Please note that all applications must include an affidavit confirming the information provided. – If JSE dependents apply, a declaration stating the same must be included with the bursary application.
- Click here to apply on our JSE Careers page
- Click here to apply on Pnet
Applications open in September every year