DEADLINE: 28TH FEB. 2023
Youth In Tourism Innovation Challenge
This is an exclusive platform being provided to innovative African youth in travel and tourism looking for funding, partnership and mentorship opportunities to present their projects to the global market place in order to find the required support for their programmes.
Clearly indicate the following to avoid disqualification:
- The vision, uniqueness, authenticity and rationale.
- Evidence of innovation in travel & tourism or related industry challenge being solved in Africa – COVID 19 era and into the future (such as technological, social entrepreneurship, educational, youth empowerment and job creation, environmental sustainability, community development, etc.)
- The sustainability of the impact of the project on travel and tourism, local communities and/or related industries.
- Timelines for the project.
- The kind of support required – funding, investors, mentorship, partnerships, etc.
- Conclusion/additional, but relevant information of not more than 500 words.
- Competitor required to show a demo/Minimum Viable Product (MVP) (5 min) during the presentation.
- Age limit – 35 years.
- Challenge Opens: 8th December 2022.
- Closing date: 28th February 2023.
- Adjudicators will shortlist Top 5: 10th March 2023.
- Shortlisted project promoters will be informed: 15th March 2023.
- Mentorship for elevator pitches (12 hours): 2oth March – 16th May 2023.
- Submission of shortlisted project promoters: 5-minute presentation at the Summit – 19th May 2023.
- Top 3 announced on 2nd June 2023.
- Competitor required to show a demo/ Minimum Viable Product (MVP) (5min) during the presentation.
- Winners & Runners-up announcement: At ATLF Awards in Gaborone, Botswana on 20 October 2023.
- $1000.00 grant seed for the winner.
- $500.00 grant seed for 1st & 2nd runner up.
- Complimentary enrolment for short courses provided by UNWTO.
- Mentorship, partnership, potential funding support and career opportunities.
- Opportunity to be part of an established network of Africa Youth in Tourism Mentors and Innovators.