Deadline: 10TH MARCH, 2023
StartUp Academy Applications Now Open
Allan Gray Makers 2030 Goals
- Provided entrepreneurial education for at least 300 000 individuals in the technical and vocational trades
- Supported technical entrepreneurs in creating 500 enterprises
- Supporting 3000 existing enterprises
- Creating 12 000 meaningful jobs
Startup Academy Application Form – Step 1
Congratulations on taking the first step to investing in yourself and starting your business!
Please read the following details carefully to make sure the StartUp Academy Programme is right for you.
The Allan Gray Makers StartUp Academy is a free 8-month incubation programme for aspiring artisan entrepreneurs in the Plumbing and Electrical trades. Entrepreneurs will receive business training and support to start their businesses. The programme will be full-time and in-person, starting on 15 May 2023. The StartUp Academy is funded by Allan Gray Makers. This means that all programme costs are covered, including a basic living allowance and all you’re expected to contribute is your commitment, your time and your energy!
Programme content includes:
- Training in Entrepreneurial Mindset, New Venture Creation, Marketing and Sales, Business Management, Financial Management, Branding, E-skills for business and Personal Mastery.
- Opportunities to work in teams and network with other businesses.
- Access to Personal Mentorship, Business Shadowing, Industry-Expert Coaches and Business Advisory.
- Access to markets with a focus on making your first sale.
- Access to Office Space with basic resources.
- Access to funding to start your business and to write your Trade test
- Graduates have access to life-long support.
You can apply if you are:
- Age: 18-35
- Must be a South African citizen or hold a permanent residence status.
- Must have completed a relevant learning programme in the Plumbing or Electrical Trades.
- Must qualify to take a trade test (having a trade test certificate is advantageous)
- Location: Johannesburg area
- Industry: Plumbing & Electrical.
- Intentions: Desire to start their own business.
Instructions for submission of application forms
- Applications close at midnight on 10th March 2023
- If you experience any problems, or have any questions regarding this application form or selection process, please contact the StartUp Academy Selection Team on:
- Email: email@example.com
- WhatsApp: 066 579 7616