Deadline: 26th June, 2022
Are you an established business professional, entrepreneur, or investor with some time on your hands?
Do you want to play a bigger role in the exciting startup ecosystem?
Do you want to make a tangible difference in the lives of entrepreneurs and their journeys?
Then, apply to become a mentor in the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Program this year.
‘Mentor-driven capital’ is one of VC4A’s approaches to creating value for startup ecosystems around the world. It’s about finding and supporting motivated and experienced professionals like you to share the knowledge, experience, and network you’ve acquired over your career with promising entrepreneurs through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace. As you support your mentee on his/her entrepreneurial journey, you get keen insights into the local startup ecosystem and hone your own mentoring, business & leadership skills.
This program aims to boost your ability as a high-powered mentor through the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital framework. You and selected fellow business leaders will receive expert guidance, training, and hands-on expert sessions around mentoring, and join interactive discussions on topics like mentoring founders for fundraising, corporate partnership building, and angel investing.
Previous expert-led sessions by experienced angel investors featured thought leaders such as Tomi Davies – Chief Investment Officer at GreenTec Capital Partners, Tarek El-Kady – Founder of Alex Angels, Mrs. Maya Horgan Famodu, Founder & Partner at Ingressive Capital, Dr. Ayman Ismail – Associate Professor of entrepreneurship at the American University of Cairo, Mrs. Yemi Keri – Founder of Rising Tide Africa and Kola Aina – Founder of Ventures Platform, among many others.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Attend expert-led sessions on essential mentorship and startup-related topics.
- A mentorship guide and online training materials.
- Access peer-to-peer learning through expert discussions, group sessions, and networking opportunities.
- Get matched with Africa-based founders with mentorship needs through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace.
- Access partner organizations’ demo days and invite-only events like the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit.
You will also get complimentary access to major startups’ and partners’ events.
What We Expect From You
The program is open to a maximum of 30 aspiring business mentors from African countries or those with strong ties with – and interest in the continent. The only thing you need to invest during the approx. 2-month program is 4-5 hours per month of your valuable time and knowledge!
- You are based in Africa or closely affiliated with the continent.
- You are a senior business professional, entrepreneur, and/or investor with 10+ years of experience.
- You are interested in the startup ecosystem and keen to support startup companies.
- You can attend the 5 virtual online bootcamp sessions and expert sessions between July and August 2022 (each session is approx. 1-1.5 hours, totals about 3-4 hours/month).
- You are willing to offer mentorship post the program to African startups through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace.
Application deadline: 25th of June 2022
If you’re interested in joining the program as a mentor, please create a VC4A account and/or sign in to your account, and hit the apply button to submit your application before the 25th of June. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted separately the following week. Contact Ahmed Nour at anour [at] vc4a [dot] com if you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Note: We plan the kick-off session on 13th July 2022 and the closing session by August 25th, 2022.
Make a tangible contribution to promising startups in Africa and become a business mentor today!