Deadline: 20th June, 2022
Forward is designed to equip the next generation of young talent with must-have practical skills to succeed in the future of work. It is a free online learning program focusing on the leadership, business, and digital skills that are relevant and transferrable across industries and roles.
Forward is a free, three-level learning journey delivered in an interactive digital and virtual format. It begins with exploring foundational skills, then moves to applying those skills on case studies designed from real-world scenarios, and finally embedding new behaviors through ongoing reflection and peer learning.
Foundation level (10 weeks)
Develop practical, must-have skills through highly interactive, self-paced digital courses. You will be introduced to adaptability, effective communication, problem-solving, new ways of working in a digital world, and more.
Advanced level (12 weeks)
See your newfound skills come to life through an immersive journey of advanced digital content, bespoke virtual workshops, and a group assignment with real-time peer feedback. Develop your individual leadership style in a collaborative learning environment.
Network level (Ongoing)
Join a vibrant global network of young life-long learners and get exclusive access to further learning and networking activities. You can also get involved and pay it forward by co-creating the future of the Forward program through different volunteering opportunities.
Structure and timeline
You will learn through a variety of online and virtual formats including highly interactive digital courses, workshops, and a group assignment with real-time peer feedback.
- Foundation level: 10 weeks, two hours per week
- Advanced level: 12 weeks, two hours per week
- Network level: Ongoing
You will gain skills and tools to:
- turn complex business challenges into opportunities using structured and creative thinking
- communicate with impact to move your audience to action
- apply agile ways of working and spot opportunities to use data and technology
- be adaptable, and build resilience and emotional awareness to work successfully–both independently and in teams, especially in times of change
To access Forward, you must meet the following criteria:
- currently reside in the African continent
- have at least one and no more than five years of formal work experience
- have completed post-secondary education (for example: diploma, associate degree, undergraduate degree)
- have a good command of the English language as the program will be conducted in English.