Deadline: 11th September, 2022
The 2022 Green SME Networking Festivals are being organized by the Special Initiative on Training and Job Creation (“Invest for Jobs”), an initiative of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, among others. The goal for executing the 2022 Green SME Networking Festivals is to support (green) SMEs towards the creation of green and decent jobs in Ghana.
The first of the festivals was held in Accra from July 27-29, with subsequent ones to be be held in Kumasi (August 17-19) and Tamale (October 5-7).
For each region’s festival, 100 SMEs including agro-processors, fashion, textiles and cosmetics producers will be selected among the applicants to participate in the 3-day event. Other organizations expected to participate include market enablers, development organizations, financial institutions, investors and regulatory bodies.
Activities at the 3-day festivals will include:
- Business games and workshops
- Networking opportunities with other SMEs, investors, financial institutions and other partner organizations
- A business pitch competition – through which 10 winners from each region will be granted technical and financial assistance towards the acquisition of certification with the Ghana Standards Authority and the Food and Drugs Authority
- Exhibition opportunity for participating SMEs to showcase their services and products (Green SME Market)
- This call for application is for Tamale event only.
- Applicants outside Tamale should be prepared to fund their own accommodation and transport should they be selected to participate)
- Call 055 856 7260 for more information or assistance.
- Deadline for Applications: September 11, 2022 (23:59 GMT)