Program, hyper-focused, fully remote program provides 6 to 8 early-stage teams with high-touch engagement from the NextView partners, as well as the close-knit, industry-leading advisors.
Everyone in the NextView partnership has deep operating experience as founders and operators scaling high-growth internet companies (e.g. LinkedIn, PayPal, eBay, Blue Apron). Being hands-on investors is part of their core. They are bringing a “hybrid” working model to the mix this time around with virtual programming, but IRL kickoff and wrap-up events in NYC and SF, respectively.
They strive to work with all accelerator companies to shape the underlying business, craft the fundraising pitch, and make introductions for new downstream investors until the company is subsequently financed. Participants are empowered to market that they are willing to do at least their pro-rata in the next round. To avoid signaling issues, they intentionally will not lead the next round of financing for their accelerator participants.
The culmination of this accelerator program isn’t a demo day or a big show. Instead, the sole goal of the program is results, namely:
- Demonstrably advancing a startup towards true product-market fit
- Further capitalizing the company for success
Alumni Pod Track
- They’re adding a special track within their program this year, catered to “Alumni Pods” aka folks who have worked together or studied together and were potentially impacted by recent tech layoffs. For this accelerator track, applicants need not apply with a fully baked business.
- They want to work with folks who A. have worked together or studied together in some capacity, and B. have an interesting idea for a company that they are passionate about beginning to build together.
- They will reserve at least one spot in their 2023 cohort for a team that falls within these parameters and work even closer with this Alumni Pod(s) to build the future they want to live in. They believe there’s a special kind of magic that happens between people who have collaborated previously, and given the times they’re living in, there’s a solid chance some of these magicians have been impacted by recent layoffs.
- All startups receive $400K for 10% of the company upon acceptance into the program.
- They will leverage the standard YC post-money SAFE document with a valuation cap and no discount. There will be 6-8 startup teams in this cohort, which will run from the end of March to the middle of June.
- Lula: $18M Series A
- ShelfLife: $3M Seed Round
- Waivr: $1.4M Seed Round
- Pre-Seed & Seed stage startup teams who could benefit from capital and engaged, hands-on mentorship from the NextView partnership & extended advisor network.
- Consumer and SaaS B2B companies located anywhere, but should be focused on redesigning the Everyday Economy within the U.S. market.
- “Alumni Pod” track for folks who have worked together or studied together and are interested in solving a specific problem they are passionate about. For this particular track, applicants need not apply with a fully baked business model.