14TH FEBRUARY, 2023
Want to learn more about this year’s She Entrepreneurs? Welcome to join us for an open online information webinar on 26 January, 10-11:00 Swedish time (UTC +1) to learn more about the programme and ask any questions you may have. Registration for the webinar on this link
She Entrepreneurs is a leadership programme for highly motivated women entrepreneurs in the Middle East, North Africa and Türkiye who are building sustainable and scalable businesses that contribute to driving social and/or environmental change. In the past years that the programme has been running, many entrepreneurs received support that helped them become successful in expanding and increasing their impact.
She Entrepreneurs is a practical and hands-on leadership training based on real business experience, collaborative learning and participant-centric design. The programme provides tangible tools, insights and connections for participants who want to grow their businesses and develop as entrepreneurs, as well as leaders.
The programme runs over six months. It combines regular workshops and individual mentor support online with one intensive week of onsite learning in Stockholm in September.
If you are ready to scale up the impact of your business and want to become part of a strong network of likeminded women who can support and inspire you on your journey – then She Entrepreneurs is the programme for you.
She Entrepreneurs will give you:
- The opportunity to plan and develop a strategy for your business in an inspiring and collaborative learning environment.
- Regular support and input through sessions with expert mentors
- Increased self-awareness as a leader and deepened understanding of how to build effective and motivated teams, while also taking care of your own work-life balance and long-term wellbeing.
- Increased knowledge on topics such as business development, innovation and partnerships to create relevant and attractive products and services and to reach new customers and markets.
- New perspectives on systems change and how you can follow-up and increase the impact of your business by measuring your value creation.
- A strong and active community of likeminded women.
- She Entrepreneurs – connecting visionary women founders since 2011. Photo: Moa Karlberg
Can I apply?
You are welcome to submit your application if you are a woman entrepreneur between the age of 25 and 45 (born 1977 – 1998) with a business that:
- is already operational and ready to expand;
- has the potential to develop a financially sustainable business model and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals* by driving social and/or environmental change;
- is based in Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia or Türkiye.
Please note that we are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
* Find more information about the Sustainable Development Goals here on the United Nations website.
She Entrepreneurs runs for six months and combines regular workshops, learning groups and mentor support online with one intensive week of onsite learning in Stockholm in September. You should plan for dedicating around 5 hours per week to the programme.
- Online training (April – August 2023)
The training is set up with a highly practical approach that allows you to apply learnings and insights directly to your business. Regular online workshops are organised on different topics that help you grow your turnover and operations, build a resilient leadership and team and follow-up on the targets you set for your social or environmental contribution. The workshops are led by experienced entrepreneurs and trainers. Joint workshops and smaller learning groups give plenty of opportunities to meet other entrepreneurs in similar situations and to make new connections.
- The training kicks off with introduction meetings in smaller groups, followed by two half-day sessions. The seminars that follow are typically held every second week during 1.5 – 2 hours on Friday mornings, plus 1 hour of individual preparations. Throughout the programme, participants will also be given practical tasks to support the implementation of new tools, methodsand models into their own businesses.
- Online mentorship (April – August, 2023)
At the start of the programme, you are matched with an individual mentor that will support you throughout the programme. The individual mentor meetings are set up directly by you and your mentor.
- Onsite learning week in Stockholm (September, 2023)
The programme in Stockholm will take place 11 – 17 September (arrival 11 September, departure 17 September). It will be an intensive learning week combining workshops, mentor support, field visits and networking.
The dates and timings are preliminary and may change. An exact schedule will be sent at the beginning of the programme.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Your flights to and from Stockholm.
- Your accommodation and most of the meals in Stockholm during the programme’s period of onsite sessions in Sweden
- Your insurance during the programme’s period of onsite sessions in Stockholm, Sweden.
- All training material online and onsite
How to apply
- Apply: Date:17 JAN 2023 – 14 FEB 2023
- Evaluation of applications Date:14 FEB 2023 – 8 MAR 2023
- Interviews Date:13 MAR 2023 – 24 MAR 2023
- Admission Date:31 MAR 2023
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. To apply for She Entrepreneurs, please go to the application portal and select what programme you would like to apply for:
These are the steps you need to go through to submit your application
- Register your profile in the application portal on this link.
- Select what programme you would like to apply for (She Entrepreneurs is available 17 January – 14 February 2023).
- Answer all the questions for the different sections in the application portal (found in the left-hand menu).
- Upload your CV under the document section. After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
2. Evaluation of applications
The Swedish Institute appoints a selection committee consisting of senior entrepreneurs and field experts. Each application is evaluated by two different members of the selection committee.
Each application is evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Business potential
- Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals
- The potential of the applicant as an entrepreneur
Out of all applicants, around 60 shortlisted candidates are called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews are conducted online.
SI will contact the 30 selected applicants by email to offer them a place in the programme. SI will also compose a list of reserve candidates in case a second selection round is needed. Unfortunately, because of the large number of applications for a limited number of spots, we have to turn down many highly qualified candidates who apply to the programme.