DEADLINE: 8TH MARCH, 2023
Are you a 2023 Ashden Award winner?
The annual Ashden Awards are free to enter, and benefits for winners include a cash grant, access to funders, and a promotional film about their work. All finalists receive publicity and opportunities as part of the Ashden network. Find out more about the Ashden Awards here.
This year, the Awards will help power up inclusive innovation creating a fairer low carbon world – tackling inequality and empowering communities on the frontline of the climate crisis through jobs, skills and training. Ashden winners come in all shapes and sizes. We don’t reward the biggest organisations or slickest marketing pitches – we’re looking for passion, potential, and commitment to our values. We’ve put winners on stage at the COP climate talks and in global media.
Where could an Ashden Award take your organisation this year?
- APPLICATIONS OPEN – 18 JANUARY 2023
- APPLICATIONS CLOSE* – 8 MARCH 2023
- SHORTLIST ANNOUNCED – JUNE 2023
- FINALISTS ANNOUNCED – SEPTEMBER 2023
- WINNERS ANNOUNCED AT AWARD CEREMONY – AUTUMN 2023
* This is the final deadline for all stages of the application, including both the initial Expression of Interest and the second stage.
Winning an Ashden Award brings a prize of up to £25,000 as well as ongoing development support.
We put winners in front of funders, investors, policymakers, journalists, and others who know the unique value of an Ashden Award and the strength of our rigorous assessment process.
We create promotional films about your winners’ work and tell their stories in mainstream and specialist media, and through our growing digital channels. We’ve helped previous winners gain coverage at Sky News, The Telegraph, Times of India, Al Jazeera, New Scientist , and other leading platforms.
Award winners’, views, needs, and insights are at the heart of our influential reports, toolkits, and events – which shape the views of key climate decision-makers.
All winners join the Ashden network – giving them the chance to connect with new partners through masterclasses, investor pitching events, and introductions to influential policymakers.
Who can apply?
Businesses, NGOs, government organisations, social enterprises and community groups are all eligible. Work must be currently available to clients, customers or beneficiaries.
For more detail on our eligibility criteria, visit our FAQs below.
What makes an Ashden winner?
The work submitted for an award should must be innovative. It might feature new technology, new approaches to marketing and distribution, or a new way of sharing training and skills. It might involve improved financing mechanisms or an innovative business model.
Work should also have the potential to create a significant impact. This impact might be a large drop in greenhouse gas emissions, raised incomes, better health, reduce inequality or a combination of positive outcomes. The impact might be achieved by the growth of the organisation applying, or by the spread of their ideas to other organizations.
Initiatives should boost resilience and be as participatory and democratic as possible – designed and run with input from the people they support, particularly marginalised groups. Applicants should also show good governance and management.
For a full list of our judging criteria, visit our FAQs below.
HOW TO APPLY?
The deadline for applications is 8 March 2023.
There are two stages to the application process – both need to be completed by the closing date of Wednesday 8 March 2023.
Please read this carefully and ensure you give yourself sufficient time to complete both stages before the closing date.
1. Register your interest using our initial Expression of Interest form.
- This can be completed in English via our online application portal here.
- To apply in French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic, follow the relevant link below to download a form to register your interest. Send the completed form to email@example.com
We will then review your form and invite you to submit a full application form if you meet all of the award criteria.
2. If you are invited to do so, please complete the full application form.
- If you are applying in English, this must be submitted via our online application platform. You will be prompted to register for an account before you begin your application – please check your junk folder if you don’t see an email from us (or contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you have been invited to submit a full application in French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic, we will email the form to you directly. Please return the completed form to us at email@example.com
Note that the deadline for submission of both the registration of interest AND the full application form is Wednesday 8 March 2023.